Join us on May 15, 2022 for #IPSEDay2022!
What is #IPSEDay2022?
Inclusive Postsecondary Education Day, or #IPSEDay2022, is a day to raise awareness and spread the word about inclusive postsecondary education (IPSE) options for students with intellectual disabilities.
There are about 5,300 colleges & universities in the US and just over 300 have options for students with intellectual disabilities.
There are more options now than ever before, but we have a lot more work to do. There are still so many people — students, parents, teachers, college staff — who just don’t know that college is an option for students with intellectual disabilities. Let’s change that!
This year on IPSE Day, we invite students, families, friends, educators, allies, and supporters to share why you think IPSE is important.
How can you spread the word about #IPSEDay2022?
· Snap a photo or take a video and share it on social media with #IPSEDay2022.
· Customize our newsletter sample text and insert information about your personal experience or thoughts. Share with teachers, employers, colleges and universities, and local and national representatives.
· Share these messages on your social media accounts and with your networks!
· I support #IPSEDay2022 because [include your reason here] #InclusiveHigherEd
· #IPSEDay2022 is important to me because [what does it mean to you?] #InclusiveHigherEd
· Did you know that college is an option for students with #IntellectualDisability? #IPSEDay2022 #InclusiveHigherEd
· Students with #IntellectualDisability can continue to learn after high school, just like their peers and their siblings. #IPSEDay2022 #InclusiveHigherEd
Visit Think College to learn more about inclusive postsecondary education options and how you can spread the word about #IPSEDay2022 on May 15!