I Got a Job. Can I Get a Rent Freeze?

You are eligible for a rent freeze.

For 12 months, all income related to your job cannot be counted towards your rent. In other words, your rent should stay the same.

Use the letter in the tenant guide to write to your housing authority for the "earned income exclusion." You can only get this exclusion once. If your request is refused, you can file a grievance.

Return to the rent freeze tenant guide or provider guide.