Press Release: Participants of the Learning Collaborative on Vocational Rehabilitation Management
Originally published: 2/2013
The RTAC on VR Program Management is pleased to announce the participants of the 2013-2014 Learning Collaborative on Vocational Rehabilitation Management. We received a total of ten requests to participate in the project during the open period from 11/30/2012 to 1/18/2013. The following ten state VR agencies were invited to participate:
- California Department of Rehabilitation: Effective Quality Assurance (QA) practices through Vendor Utilization Management. Goal: Improve cost effectiveness/efficiency for internal and external services and to increase the quality and quantity of successful employment outcomes.
- Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation: Succession planning, recruitment and retention through human resources and leadership development. Goal: Develop and implement a comprehensive succession planning and workforce recruitment and retention model.
- Connecticut Bureau of Rehabilitation Services & Connecticut Bureau of Education & Services for the Blind: Equitable service delivery and the alignment of business processes between the two agencies through strategic planning. Goal: Create a strategic planning framework that increases efficiencies across both agencies.
- Delaware Division of Vocational Rehabilitation: Quality improvement of business process, vendor placement services, data collection and reporting, and quality counselor performance supported by leadership. Goal: Development of benchmarks to inform decision-making, performance management, communication, and the improvement of a leadership model.
- Kentucky Office for the Blind: Enhancing capacity through new or improved partnerships with WIA partners as well as employers. Goal: Increase positive employment outcomes, build partnerships with employers, and develop a solutions-based business services strategy.
- Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation: QA focus on counselor performance evaluations including qualitative aspects of successful outcomes. Goal: Modify counselor performance evaluations and outline these expectations for staff.
- Missouri Division of Vocational Rehabilitation: Leadership development and succession planning through capacity building with motivational interviewing. Goal: Provide a leadership development framework to meet future leadership needs.
- Nebraska Vocational Rehabilitation: QA and customer engagement through social media. Goal: Improve service delivery through improved case documentation, the transparency of information, and increased client engagement.
- New Jersey Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services: Focus on a strategic partnership with the workforce system to pilot an industry-specific employment service with the financial services industry. Goal: Monitor success of the pilot (i.e, client employment outcomes) and determine whether or not to advance effort statewide).
- North Carolina Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services: Enhance strategic planning processes to identify, incorporate, and improve best practice adoption statewide. Goal: Engage in a strategic planning process that leads to the establishment of best practices that can be applied statewide.
Each of these ten VR agencies received a budget of $50,000 to participate in the second cohort of the Learning Collaborative as part of a research effort to develop a management model focused on the areas of human resources, strategic planning, and quality assurance. The project year begins on 3/1/2013 and ends on 2/28/2014.